Thursday 1 December 2011

World AIDs Day 2011

Today was a day to Celebrate, Educate & Commemorate the HIV virus. I spent the day with fellow CATS from BSA doing a flash mob of songs like Pack up By Eliza Dolittle & Lean on me. Such a crazy long day but i really felt like 'Wow' this is why i am here and not training as an actor.....i need people to see the world around us, where we live, how one person can make a difference. A friend said that it was amazing that one day we could be getting paid like our course leader to co-ordinate and devise work for important events like today......WOW!



Today also had another side to it from me because of F. I spoke about F below in my first blog. HIV positive child but now thanks to ARV drugs can live a normal healthy life which is defintley the most important thing. That his life is safe. Especially to me. I am not afraid to say that I have only been in love once and that was with F....this baby boy of 3 taught me so much about life and love. I have never loved anyone non blood related before i met him. So today for me was also a chance to reflect on how much my Gap Year in South Africa taught me about life, it led me to this Uni course for which i am eternally grateful. I miss it everyday and not a day goes by when i don't think about F or the place....and it saddens me greatly that i can't watch him grow up. There are two things i often think of when i am down....



One is that F will always be loved there and even though he will never remember me; he will remember being loved and i was part of that love. 


Secondarily I wrote a letter to myself before I left my life their and as i watched the sun go down i remembered 


'We maybe miles apart but as u watch the sunset on your home, a land of hope and joy, i take comfort in that i see the same Sun from my land and we will always share that. Forever'




x


1 comment:

  1. i love your end quote from your journal. beautiful and holds so much truth. xoxo

    ReplyDelete