Friday 2 December 2011

A Satellite Dish For Sunshine.....x

Today I got into a talk about tattoos with some friends of mine. They talked about wanting a lock and key one each i think its because they fit together and well you get the metaphorical meaning. Also they saw it on someone else and it looked nice! 


Always a plus! For a while now I have always loved sunflowers. They have been my favorite flower for as long i can remember. They are what my Mum buys me for my birthday or to cheer me up or a special occasion like passing exams. They are the flower i want at my wedding with a blue theme along side. The reason i love them so much is for what they mean to me. They are named after the Sun because of there brightness and how big the heads get.....but they also follow the movements of the sun throughout the day. There is a beautiful quote from the movie Calender Girls (2003) which is stunning.....


 I don't think there's anything on this planet that more trumpets life that the sunflower. For me that's because of the reason behind its name. Not because it looks like the sun but because it follows the sun. During the course of the day, the head tracks the journey of the sun across the sky. A satellite dish for sunshine. Wherever light is, no matter how weak, these flowers will find it. And that's such an admirable thing. And such a lesson in life.


and lets be honest I think there amazing to look at; especially fields of them. They for me embrace life. They follow the pattern of the sun i see everyday, the sun F sees, the sun i live my life under striving to do and be the best i can in this life i have been given by God. Even when there is little light, it may take time to find but we will find it......we always do..


So this leads me back to tattoos, it maybe months, probably years till i find the courage (and the acceptance of the parents!!) to have it done but i have always wanted one of a black and white sketched Sunflower for the reasons stated above. I have attached some designs i like too. 


If and when i go back to South Africa on a more permanent basis (i am sure i will explain this one day soon) i will want one to remind me of the time their previously and being their then. But i have many ideas for that one if and when the occasion arises!
I have a lovely American friend T.H who i met on my gap year in SA who has some awesome tattoos..I have added a photo of her with the words "Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika" which means Lord Bless Africa......Beautiful right.....?


So maybe one day i'll be posting mine....




x



No comments:

Post a Comment