Friday 6 January 2012

My Dad.....x

I started writing this post a while ago but now seems like the perfect opportunity to do so!

My Dad is one of my best friends, i am such daddys girl. But more than that he is my hero, because he consistantly does everything to the best of his ability.
My Dad has no qualifications, none, but he has worked his way up in the theatre buisness and now runs a reginal theatre. He isn't in your face about his achievements-quite the opposite actually. Without both of my parents career choices i would not be where i am today. Who knows where i'd be! Sometimes life can get hard because the Arts is a life style choice not just a job. It consists of silly hours, hard craft and dedication. So sometimes i want to scream the theatre down when all i want is a conversation or cuddle from my dad and they just keep stealing him (by they i mean the building not people!) I have always wanted Dad to get the recognition he deserved for his work in his current job because 7 year ago when he came along they were almost about to close but they turned it around with him and JC at the helm.

And this year is going to be bigger than ever, Yesterday The Stage newspaper-The biggest theatrical paper in the UK names its top prizes. And CFT won Best Regional Theatre....which is a huge achievement. But to addd the iceing on the cake my dad was joint 6th out of 100 as the most influential person in UK Theatre 2011! MY DAD!!! Thats utter crazy, and i am soo proud.

Its a chance for me to go yeah thats my dad, the guy who brought me up, helped me find who i am
x

No comments:

Post a Comment